Hair Classification Systems:
The total hair classification does not lie just within one system. Instead there are other systems out there to help you navigate through your journey of hair type discovery. There are three hair classification systems. Today we will discuss one of them.
Regardless of the classification system used, the best, listen to your hair when using products to determine which product is best for YOU. Your hair will tell you exactly which product is appropriate.
Andre Walker Hair Typing System
It is the most commonly used system to classify hair textures which is used by Oprah’s Hair Stylist, Andre Walker. He has classified hair into four hair types. It is always necessary to know your particular hair type before attempting to determine the best products to use for your hair. For Andre Walker, there are four main types of hair typing systems.
TYPE 1: Straight – Although hair that reflects the most sheen, it is also the most resilient hair of all of the hair types. It is hard to damage and next to impossible to curl this hair texture. Because of the sebum (natural oil produced in the sebaceous glands of the scalp) gently working its way from the scalp to the ends without the interference of curls or kinks, it makes it, the most oily hair texture of all.
- Type 1a – Straight (Fine/Thin) – Hair tends to be very Soft, Shiny, difficult to hold a curl, hair also tends to be oily, and difficult to damage.
- Type 1b– Straight (Medium) – Hair has lots of volume & body.
- Type 1c – Straight (Coarse) – Hair is normally bone straight and difficult to Curl. Generally Asian women fall into this category.
TYPE 2: Wavy –It is the kind of hair which that lies somewhere between straight and curly hair. It also reflects sheen, more than curly hair, but less than straight hair. Wavy hair is typically more prone to frizz. As type A waves can easily alternate between straight and curly styles, type B and C wavy hair is resistant to styling.
- Type 2a – Wavy (Fine/Thin) – Hair has a definite “S” pattern. This type hair in normal conditions can be seen various styles.
- Type 2b– Wavy (Medium) – Hair tends to be frizzy, and a little resistant to styling.
- Type 2c– Wavy (Coarse) – Hair is also resistant to styling and in normal conditions very frizzy; tends to have thicker waves.
TYPE 3: Curly – Pulling a strand of a type 3 curly, you will notice it has a definite S shape. The S may be a lower case s or upper case S, or it may even resemble a Z on some occasions…on the other hand, there is a definite curl pattern in place, with our without products. This hair type is full bodied, climate dependent, in addition damage prone. Lack of proper care renders dull curls
- Type 3a– Curly (Loose Curls) – Hair tends to have a combination texture. It can be thick & full with lots of body, with a definite “S” pattern. It also tends to be frizzy.
- Type 3b– Curly (Tight Curls) – Also tends to have a combination texture, with a medium amount of curl.
Type 4: Kinky – Although there are many misconceptions, this tightly coiled hair is quite fine also fragile. It is wiry, and delicate by the means of nature. Each strand usually has a zig zag pattern. Kinky hair which is the driest hair type, so that it is more prone to breakage and requires a gentle touch. There is a misconception which is that this hair type does not grow. Kinky hair grows at the same rate as other texture; however, if not treated properly it breaks more than other textures. Treat this hair type like a fine silk blouse which cleanse gently, detangle softly, and avoid harsh chemicals.
- Type 4a– Kinky (Soft) – Hair tends to be very Fragile, tightly coiled, and has a more defined curly pattern.
- Type 4b– Kinky (Wiry) – Also very fragile and tightly coiled; however with a less visible curl pattern
**Type 3c (tight curls or coils that looks like corkscrews) and Type 4c (“Z” pattern) were not included in the original Andre Walker System.
For all hair types ARGANLife hair products are strongly recommended for use.Order now!
Aralık 15, 2015, 2:44 pm
I think my hair is Type 2b– Wavy (Medium), a little bit frizzy. I am intended to use argan oil. What are the real benefits of it?
Aralık 29, 2015, 2:31 pm
All coiffeurs advised me to argan oil for my hair. I am undecided about the brand. Can I have some knowledge?
Ocak 26, 2016, 11:40 am
Hello, I have hair loss, I am about a 2 on the Norwood Scale (some recession at the temples).
Will your hair loss product help me grow hair again?
Ocak 28, 2016, 11:23 am
Thank you for contacting us. You should take the action before its late.
Our Hair care product and the Pure Ultra Nourishing Argan Oil Treatment are the highest quality on the market. If you are looking for a hair regrowth product, an anti hair loss products and the hair growth accelerator . i would suggest you use our ” ArganRain herbal anti hair loss / regrowth product ” along with Ultra Nourishing Argan Oil Treatment , or just using ArganRain herbal anti hair loss /Regrowth product will make difference in your condition. Those products carry out what claims.
Here are main characteristics of ArganRain:
• 100% organic: composition without Sulfate, Silicone, Alcohol, Salt and Dye
• Special Formulation with %100 Organic Argan Oil
• Prevent Oily Hair
• Make hair longer and healthier – FASTER HAIR GROWTH (If you’re looking for the most complete method for faster growing hair, you’ve found it.)
• All Dermatologic, Allergen and Microbiologic tests were done by the internationally certified laboratory.
• It is suitable for daily usage
• It is suitable for all hair types
For more information, you can visit our website. http://www.arganrainproducts.com and Please continue to follow us. If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Mayıs 18, 2016, 1:42 pm
I think my hair type is straight.. it is a bit hard to have straight hair but i am happy to have them:)
Nisan 10, 2018, 7:54 am
Hello,we suggest you apply ARGANRain Argan Oil Shampoo for your hair type